Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving this past week! On Sunday Patrick's sister, Jeannie, flew in to spend a few days in Charlotte with us and we had such a good time. Jeannie is great with Ethan and I know he loved having his aunt in town. She gives Ethan cuddles all day long so he was in heaven! Jeannie and I left Ethan at home one afternoon to go shopping, and it was so nice to be able to relax and shop (without a stroller in tow. I love having Ethan with me, but I forgot how easy it is when I don't have to worry about a carrier, diaper bag, stroller, etc. etc.)
On Wednesday we all drove to Greensboro together to celebrate the holiday at the Strain family home. It was wonderful getting the whole family together. My family is so small that sometimes it is easy to forget what a large family get together is like. I loved it!
The cutest part of the visit was when my nephew, Ben, told me that he wanted to marry me. Melt. My. Heart. He's only 5 so obviously does not quite understand what he was saying. I told him that I was already married to Patrick and showed him Patrick's wedding ring. He proceeded to put a napkin ring on and said that now I could marry him too. Awww! I did promise him that when the day came for him to get married that I would be there to help him celebrate. Too cute!
The funniest part of our visit was when a group of us were upstairs watching football. My nephew Bailey (10) got really into the games this year and it was awesome watching him enjoy football with us. (He passed up the kiddie movie that was on downstairs...impressive!) Bradley came up during halftime and when the commentators showed up on the screen he proceeded to loudly say, "Ewww - old people!" I tried so hard not to give a reaction but I couldn't help cracking up just a little bit. Kids really do say the darndest things :)
Ethan did okay with all the travel, commotion and excitement, but by the time dinner was ready he was absolutely exhausted. We left shortly after dinner and he slept the entire way home. He did not stir when we transferred him from his car seat to his crib and he managed to take a marathon nap the following day as well. This child was worn out!
Here are a few pictures from Ethan's first Thanksgiving:
Meeting Uncle Brian for the first time
My sister-in-law, Stacy, mother-in-law, Chris, and sister-in-law, Jeannie
Ben decided to take a picture of Bailey and I (not too bad for a 5 year old!)
Patrick and his sister, Jeannie
My nephews, Ben & Bailey
Ethan chatting with Uncle Michael
Ethan hanging out with his Aunt Brooke & Uncle Michael
Bailey playing on Ethan's travel activity gym
Ben got in on the action too!
Bradley hanging out with Ethan
Me with my boys - Ethan & Ben
Ethan's first Christmas present from his cousins
Bailey showing off the gift he, Bradley and Ben got for Ethan's first Christmas
Patrick, his sister, Jeannie, and Ethan snoozing
Ethan was worn out after two days of celebrating
Our adorable nephew Ben in his jammies
Aunt Jeannie playing the whistle game with Ben
My sister-in-law, Brooke, and brother-in-law, Michael (aren't they cute?!)

No comments: