

Now I'm going to rant for just a minute...I HATE my stupid car! Over the course of just 6 weeks it has had three separate issues. Two of them were relatively minor, but I digress. On the day of Ethan's baptism my car decided to die on the side of the highway leaving my cousin Anna and I temporarily stranded. (Fortunately we were only 10 minutes from home and there was tons of family around to come and rescue us.) Two weeks after that I went out to the garage to start my car and it was dead. It was able to start with a jump and just needed a new battery but was frustrating in any event. And THEN when I was leaving Erin's photo shoots last Saturday I heard a loud rumbling as I was driving away. In my car ignorance I thought I just had a lot of gravel under my hood or something, but turns out it was a flat tire. Erin was nice enough to have her husband come and put the spare on for me, and Ethan and I drove home at a brisk 40 mph down the highway. (It was a new experience driving that slowly for 20+ miles on the highway...I noticed things I have never seen before!) Fortunately there was just a nail in the tire and it was an easy fix, but after all of these things I am totally over my car. Ethan's grandparents came for a visit on Wednesday and we had a nice time together. Of course I was totally jealous during lunch because they brought barbecue (which I cannot eat since for some reason it gives Ethan terrible gas) so I just watched everybody else eat the yummy goodness. This was my second lunch watching them all enjoy barbecue without me though, so I'm getting a little better at watching everybody else eat one of my favorites without me. This is the only food that seems to give Ethan problems, so fortunately I haven't had to give up anything else.
Ethan is really starting to show his little personality these days. He LOVES his Mo rattle and given the choice between Mo and any other toy he will choose Mo every time. He is also really into his plastic keys. I need to get a picture of Ethan with Mo because this elephant rattle is going in the baby book as his first official "friend." He gets a little frustrated with his plastic rattles because he loves to put everything in his mouth and I guess it's just not the same as his plush rattles. His activity gym continues to be a daily activity and he still loves the plastic mirror (so that he can admire that baby staring back at him!) During his baths he has started kicking his feet and splashing which is adorable (since there really isn't enough water for it to soak me...yet.) I haven't given him any toys in the bath yet, and I think I'm going to wait until he's ready for me to take the newborn insert out of his tub before I do. Here's a picture from a few weeks ago of Ethan with his keys:
Ethan is really starting to show his little personality these days. He LOVES his Mo rattle and given the choice between Mo and any other toy he will choose Mo every time. He is also really into his plastic keys. I need to get a picture of Ethan with Mo because this elephant rattle is going in the baby book as his first official "friend." He gets a little frustrated with his plastic rattles because he loves to put everything in his mouth and I guess it's just not the same as his plush rattles. His activity gym continues to be a daily activity and he still loves the plastic mirror (so that he can admire that baby staring back at him!) During his baths he has started kicking his feet and splashing which is adorable (since there really isn't enough water for it to soak me...yet.) I haven't given him any toys in the bath yet, and I think I'm going to wait until he's ready for me to take the newborn insert out of his tub before I do. Here's a picture from a few weeks ago of Ethan with his keys:

I have a bunch of pictures to upload, so I'm sure I'll have more with his week 16 update. (And since I am so behind in posting his week 15 update I'll probably be doing that one here in the next day or two!)
My fantasy football team won again last week, but according to the projections I'm going to lose this week so we'll see how it goes. I have 2 players, my kicker, and my defense on a bye this week so I had to do some major adjustments in order to be able to field a complete team. We'll see how it goes. The Panthers continue to be TERRIBLE this year. Poor Ethan - his first year as a fan and his team stinks. Hopefully we will not have this problem with the Blue Devils now that basketball season is upon us as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment