Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pictures - Weeks 1 & 2

Since I am totally behind on this blog I thought I would at least go ahead and share a few pictures from the last two weeks. I'll work on getting myself organized and updated here soon (I can at least see a light at the end of the tunnel now!) and in the interim here's a glimpse of what life has been like in the Strain household lately:
Me right after we got settled in the labor and delivery room...why do I look so happy in most of these pictures? There must be something wrong with me!!
What is referred to as the "baby closet" in the birth story post (a small room off the labor and delivery room where Ethan was taken immediately after delivery)
In labor (and 6 hours labor Ethan would be in our arms!)
Patrick changing Ethan's diaper...yes, he wore gloves the first several times he had to do this!
Getting wheeled out...I was put in a wheelchair when we arrived, wheeled from the labor room to our hospital room, and wheeled out (I could totally get used to this kind of treatment!)
Our little family getting discharged from the hospital
The kitties meeting their new baby brother
Daddy & Ethan on our first day home from the hospital
Our first day home from the hospital - it was overwhelming yet wonderful to be home as just a family of 3 for a few days before our families arrived to stay and help out
At his first pediatrician's appointment - 7 days old
Ethan's first date with Faith (they were due the same day and born 2 days apart)...he brought her a rose since he is a little gentleman!
Funny face - Patrick took this while holding him and I thought it was pretty cute
Ethan's first ride in his stroller to the end of the cul-de-sac and back - 12 days old
Hanging out in his baby papasan wearing an outfit from Aunt Jeannie

No comments: