So obviously I am way behind on this blog, but in my defense I have a very good reason. Last Monday, July 26 at 4:29 pm Patrick and I welcomed our beautiful son, Ethan Burgess Strain, into the world. I am working on writing out the story of my labor and our first week together as a family now (I'm on page four already!) so that I can post it here and put a copy of it in his baby book. Perhaps I am being a little too detailed, but I really want to write everything down before this all becomes a distant memory.
Ethan at 3 days old preparing to come home from the hospital
Life with Ethan has been fantastic and although it sounds like a cliche, I cannot imagine that life can get any better than this. We are so in love with our boy and so happy together as a family right now that truly my life has been blessed. I'm sure that there are many challenges that lie ahead, but I know that being a mommy to this precious little boy is exactly where I am supposed to be in life. He is such a good baby so I am going to take advantage of the fact that he sleeps all the time to adjust to life as a full time mom. I'm sorry that this post is so short, but I am working on a massive update and have tons of pictures I can share with anybody interested. (I just don't want to overwhelm everybody with all of my baby pictures, but if you want to see any let me know and this proud mama would be happy to send you the links to all of the pics I've uploaded into Snapfish.)

I don't look at all happy, huh?! This was taken right after delivery once he was examined by the doctors and brought back to me for our formal introduction

One very happy (and tired!) Daddy - watching Patrick take care of Ethan is the most incredible thing!
1 comment:
He's absolutely perfect. I love looking at his pictures and I am excited to read your first week's account! Can't wait to get down there and hold him.
Post a Comment