
How cute is her outfit?! She looks like she has on tiny purple shoes!
Ethan was pretty excited to "meet" this beautiful young lady because he kicked her a couple of times. She didn't seem to notice, so he might have to wait awhile to catch her eye. Hopefully he and Mary Grace will be good friends one day, but if he kicks her once he's made his big debut he will be in big trouble!
Over the weekend I went to visit my friend Meredith (another great friend from the sorority days) and got to see her beautiful new home. It feels like a mountain retreat since she is surrounded by trees and huge windows and it was really nice to get to spend some time hanging out and catching up. I know that once Ethan arrives I won't be able to take off and go visit out of town friends quite as easily so I'm really trying to take advantage of the time I have available right now to spend with the people who mean so much to me. We ate lunch at Mellow Mushroom (a HUGE treat since there are no more Mellow Mushroom restaurants in Charlotte), watched some movies, and chatted a bunch. I love our weekends of just hanging out because they are super relaxing. I wish we were able to get together like this more often!
Our cat Holly celebrated her fifth birthday this week. Yes, we celebrate each of our cat's birthdays, and no, we do not allow them to actually eat the treats that we get in honor of their birthday. (They do get special kitty treats and extra love and attention all day long though!)
Holly inspecting "her" cake
Holly with her daddy
My little girl (and remind me not to wear that shirt again - most unflattering!)Everything has been progressing well on the pregnancy front this week. Ethan's kicks are getting a bit harder and he is getting more active during the afternoons as well. I've started referring to him as my little ninja since I think he practicing karate in my belly. I think I felt him have hiccups once, but I'm not entirely sure. My stomach is expanding at an alarming rate, and it's actually kind of itchy. I've heard that's normal since your skin is being stretched, but it's still not the most fun feeling in the world. So far I haven't noticed any stretch marks, so we'll see if I'm actually able to keep that up for the next three months (doubtful!) I am doing my very best to prevent them from happening though. I've also started getting some leg cramps in the middle of the night. Everything I've read indicates that this is totally normal too, since your legs are reacting to carrying around so much extra weight. (According to my scale at home I'm up 17 pounds, and we'll see what the doctor has to say at my appointment on Thursday.) I have to have the glucose test for gestational diabetes, so cross your fingers and say a prayer that I pass the first test and don't have to go back for the 3 hour test. I'll keep you posted on the results!
Here's the official word on week 27: "This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning - with a lot of medical help - if he were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode only lasts a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."
No comments:
Post a Comment