I want to start this week's post on a positive note, since I was pretty down last week. I am in love with maternity pants. They are stretchy and there are no buttons or zippers so getting them off and on is breeze. (Any of my pants with buttons, zippers, or belt loops are purely decorative - trust me!) The ability to pull them off and on in a snap comes in especially handy considering how much more frequently I must visit the bathroom these days. Think of the time savings! I think that even after this little boy comes and (fingers crossed here!!) I return to a more normal size and shape I will need to do some serious research and find cute pants with an elastic waistband. I am so not kidding - the person that invented maternity pants is seriously onto something and should begin marketing these things to the masses. I love them!
This past Monday Patrick and I were running errands together and I dared to enter my favorite children's store (which I have been avoiding like the plague since I found out I was pregnant since their stuff is ridiculously cute but also ridiculously overpriced!) I was not disappointed with the selection of beautiful ensembles, and I used all of my willpower to head directly to the sale racks. I am so proud of my finds - I got a sweater that Ethan can wear this winter that was originally $43 for $7!! Patrick was shocked when he saw the full prices on everything in the store since this was his first time in a Janie and Jack, and made me promise that even if we become millionaires one day I will never pay $43 for a baby sweater that will be outgrown in a few short months and more than likely spit up upon many times as well. I assured him that I have more financial sense than that, since I am pretty good at finding great deals. It's hard to maintain control in this store though, because everything is just so cute. I love it! Check out my super sale finds (grand total spent - $20):
This past Monday Patrick and I were running errands together and I dared to enter my favorite children's store (which I have been avoiding like the plague since I found out I was pregnant since their stuff is ridiculously cute but also ridiculously overpriced!) I was not disappointed with the selection of beautiful ensembles, and I used all of my willpower to head directly to the sale racks. I am so proud of my finds - I got a sweater that Ethan can wear this winter that was originally $43 for $7!! Patrick was shocked when he saw the full prices on everything in the store since this was his first time in a Janie and Jack, and made me promise that even if we become millionaires one day I will never pay $43 for a baby sweater that will be outgrown in a few short months and more than likely spit up upon many times as well. I assured him that I have more financial sense than that, since I am pretty good at finding great deals. It's hard to maintain control in this store though, because everything is just so cute. I love it! Check out my super sale finds (grand total spent - $20):
I should also add that for those of you that don't know, Patrick loves all things pirate related. (Why you may ask - I have absolutely no idea!) He even dragged me into a pirate museum when we were in Charleston a few years back. I share this, because when he saw this shirt he fell in love and so I have a feeling that Ethan is destined to have an affinity for pirate themed items as well. He purposely liked this shirt because he said it looked tough...sigh!
It was fun getting to shop together for our little guy!! We also finally settled on a paint shade for the nursery, and picked up the paint and supplies this past weekend. That project will be commencing soon, so stay tuned for home improvement updates.
Here's a word of advice for any of you with pregnant friends - even if they look as if they tripled in size since you have seen them last, it might not be in their best interest to share that observation directly with the pregnant person in question. I had this happen to me this past week (the elapsed time was four days) and was told that I definitely looked as though I had gotten bigger in that time. Ummm, thank you??? I'm getting better at not taking things like this personally (especially since I realize that it was not intended to be insulting) but when your self esteem can be found in the toilet some days, perhaps not addressing one's dramatic weight gain would make for a happier hormonal pregnant woman. That's my two cents on that topic for what it's worth!
I helped host a baby shower this past weekend for my good friend Lindsay (who is due with her little boy 6 weeks before Ethan is scheduled to make his debut.) I think that everything turned out really well, and it was a lot of fun. The food was fantastic - we had them prepare a brunch menu and I truly think that I could eat breakfast items for every meal of the day. It was super yummy! Here are a few pictures:
Lindsay with all of her gifts - she got some awesome stuff for her little boy!!

The hostesses and guest of honor - Jennifer (Lindsay's lifelong friend), Allison (3 months pregnant!), Lindsay, and me (I'm counting this as my 26 week pregnancy shot!)
The beautiful mommy-t0-be
Lucky 32 Restaurant
Here's the official word on Week 26: "The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel."
1 comment:
Love the penguin sweater! You know, penguins are probably my second favorite animal :) So glad you found everything on sale! How is everything else coming?
Post a Comment