Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let it Snow!

For those of you who live a little further north, you may not quite understand the excitement we had a little over a week ago when we got...snow! (For the record, it has been two years since we have seen any type of snow here.) When we woke up in the morning everything was covered in a beautiful white blanket which proceeded to melt off throughout the afternoon and by evening the roads were completely dry. It was perfect - just enough to take a few pictures and then gone before navigating the roads became difficult. After attending school in the mountains for so many years I had my fill of snow, but now I kind of miss it from time to time. (But not enough to ever live in the mountains again!)

Holly wonders what is going on outside (she is an inside only cat)

Our backyard in the morning with the snow still falling


Our outside rescue kitty (who for the winter months is living primarily in our garage with a heating pad!) checking out the snow

I did realize a big drawback to a snow day when you work from home full time - it is still a work day even when everything shuts down. Patrick was home from work all day and got to enjoy the snow and I was so jealous (since it will probably be another couple of years before we see any snow again!)

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

You should have put the picture of your house...it was a great picture! You can have all the snow you want from this way. I am so sick of winter.