To start the catch up process - Merry Christmas! Patrick and I went to his family home on Christmas Eve for a holiday party with all of Chris and Bill's friends which was a lot of fun. We then drove to my sister Carolyn's house to spend Christmas day with my mom, Carolyn, Brian, and Bethany. Bill and Chris came and joined us for Christmas dinner and it was really nice for us to be able to spend time with both of our families. My mom and Chris had time for girl talk since neither had many kitchen responsibilities (which is probably unusual for both of them!) and the guys went outside to the grill with the asparagus. (I think guys like any excuse to go stand by a grill!) Carolyn made a wonderful Christmas dinner (with a little help from me!) and it was great getting to try some new things. She's a vegetarian so she has some really yummy recipes that I don't usually make. (She did have a Honey Baked Ham for the rest of us as well!) Here are just a few pictures from Christmas:
Our fireplace - yes, our girls have their own stockings
The "Baker" bunch - Patrick, me, Bethany, Carolyn & Brian
Over Christmas break my dear friend Jennifer, her husband Patrick, and their adorable daughter Morgan came for a visit. I just so happen to be Morgan's godmother, and I might be biased, but I think she is the most precious little girl in the world. She has grown up so much since we saw her last summer and I hope that we get to visit again this summer. She is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss it! Patrick and Patrick got to talk a lot of sports (although Jennifer and I are pretty avid fans ourselves) and it was wonderful to have them here. Morgan even made us breakfast one morning!
Unfortunately Caddy was still pretty sick on their return trip through Charlotte, but she showed her love to our friends by adopting the basket they gave us at Christmas as her very own. I think this is her new favorite place to spend time! (I wanted to recaim it for the family, but Jennifer has given me permission to let her keep it...for now!)
Caddy's favorite spot
Since I haven't been giving any football updates lately, for those of you that don't follow the NFL let's just say that the Panthers went down in flames during the playoffs. We had a first round bye and then a home game during which we were absolutely destroyed. I will still love them, and here are a few pictures of happier times (the last home game I attended this year.)
I will be better about updating this more frequently from now on (or at least I promise to try to be!)
No comments:
Post a Comment