Monday, December 1, 2008

The Duke Dream Comes True

I have been a fan of the Duke Blue Devils since the day my family moved to North Carolina. It has always been a dream of mine to see them play a home game in the legendary Cameron Indoor Stadium. I have been fortunate enough to see them play a few times in Charlotte, but I have always dreamed of seeing them play at home. In middle school I discovered the greatest college basketball player of all time - Bobby Hurley. The day after Thanksgiving Patrick and I got to go see Duke play at home (along with our friends Alli and Steve) and I was able to fulfill my other lifelong dream. (If you want to read about the first, see my posts about my devotion to New Kids on the Block!)

The experience was incredible, and I think pictures will tell the story far better than I ever could with words. Now that I have managed to accomplish my two greatest dreams (you can laugh, it's okay!) I'm going to have to come up with some new dreams. Here's hoping it won't take 20 years for these to come true though!


Duke campus

Patrick & I at the infamous Krzyzewskiville


Alli and I can't believe we're here!!


The man, the myth, the legend - Coach K


3 national championships...and counting


The Cameron Crazies in full effect


My favorite player ever


Yes, we stayed until well after the game was done


Here begins my Bobby Hurley quest...


His jersey and the ball from his record setting 1,039th assist

Need I say more?!

The best game of all time

The trophies...there's definitely room for more!

Cameron Indoor Stadium

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

Looks like you had a totally awesome time! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!