Happy Thanksgiving! I hope all of you had a wonderful day and got to spend time with family and friends. Patrick and I drove to see his family and then later in the day my mom and sister, Bethany, joined us there for dinner. My mother-in-law, Chris, put together a beautiful dinner with a million different selections for side items. There were so many choices that I was stuffed well before it was time for dessert (my favorite part!) We had a big group this year which was really nice – my family is so small that we never really had big family holidays so I love having a full house. It’s also nice that since our families are so close, Patrick and I usually get to celebrate with both of our families.
Here’s a funny Thanksgiving story for you – so everybody is having a glass of wine before dinner and they offer my mom a glass which she accepts. (I should probably tell you now that my mother rarely, if ever, drinks.) She drinks most of her first glass and everybody is refilling for their second when she proceeds to (LOUDLY) exclaim that she is drunk (and has maybe had most of one glass of wine) and from her seated position at the kitchen table announces that she needs to go sit down and promptly stands up. I was so embarrassed. Fortunately my in-laws are pretty fun and nobody made a big deal about it but my sister and I were laughing (while dying inside at the same time!)
We got to visit with a lot of Patrick’s side of the family and I’m really glad that my sister-in-law Brooke was there. She is so nice and we haven’t gotten to see each in person in a long time (maybe since her wedding????) so I’m really glad that we had a chance to catch up. I hope I can convince Patrick that we need to drive down to Atlanta to visit them sometime soon! The boys were running around and trying to stay out of trouble (they are absolutely precious!) and it was a lot of fun to have them around. There’s just something about a holiday with children that makes it seem even better. All in all it was a great day spent with family and I am very thankful to have each of them in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH...did you tell your mom what she did the next day? I was laughing while embarassed for you :) Sounds like a great time.
Post a Comment