Friday, October 10, 2008

The Yucks

So I think that cold season is officially in full swing for me. Yesterday I was feeling especially crabby (just ask my poor husband!) and this morning I understood...not only was I doubled over in pain from some especially awful cramps (I love being a girl!) but I have a sore throat, headache, and overall blah feeling. My husband really is the best though. I was curled up on the couch this evening and when he could tell that I was not feeling too great he made a run to the grocery store to pick up some Hall's for my throat. For those of you that know Patrick, you know that he does not like to leave the house past 8:00 at night because that interferes with his extraordinarily early bedtime (okay, I'm exaggerating a little!) but for him to go to the store without being asked was a big deal. I'm fine, just dealing with "the yucks" which aren't enough to keep me home in bed but enough to slow me down in trying to accomplish all the tasks I need to complete this weekend! When I think about all that so many of my friends are dealing with right now though, I really am lucky that this is all I'm worrying about right now.

2 comments:

Mama10EE said...

I HATE being sick, but not sick enough to stay home from work! Patrick and Morgan both had the yucks last week, but surprisingly (and most thankfully) I have not seemed to get it...yet. Sending mental bowls of chicken soup your way! And two gold stars for Patrick.

Mama10EE said...

Tag! You're it:

http://10eefamily.blogspot.com/2008/10/evening-of-random.html