So I know I need to update you about the wedding this past weekend, but I have such big plans tonight that any updating is going to have to wait. My sister is on her way to Charlotte as we speak and….wait for it…..we are going to the New Kids on the Block concert together tonight!!!!!!! While this may seem ridiculous to many of you (go ahead and laugh, I can take it!) I was one of their biggest fans 20 years ago and was forbidden from attending their concerts. Why you might ask? I was 9 and 10 years old during all the NKOTB mayhem and evidently my mother thought that there would be teenagers at the concerts smoking cigarettes. Gasp! What my mother may never realize is that I have never even tried a cigarette, not once, in all of my 29 years. I was heartbroken then and vowed to one day meet the man of my dreams, Joey McIntyre. That dream came true two years ago when I actually did meet him and now the fact that they have reunited and added a concert date at the last minute in my hometown is just icing on the cake.
Carolyn is bringing our old nightshirts that my mom still had so that we can wear them tonight. They are evidently small enough to wear as a regular shirt now. We’re going out to eat together downtown before the concert though, so I might have to wear a big jacket so that I don’t completely embarrass myself. I do still have to live here and show my face in public after tonight! (So, no, I will not be crimping my hair, tight rolling my jeans, or digging out the oh so fabulous scrunchies.) We’ll try to take some pictures ahead of time! No cameras are allowed inside of Bobcats arena so we probably won’t have any pics of ourselves at the actual event, but I can’t believe that my birthday wish when I turned 10 is actually coming true. (And for those of you that haven’t heard this before, my cake that year read, “Happy Birthday to a New 10 Year Old Kid on the Block.” I do not lie, my mom has the pictures to prove it!!)I’ll update you about the actual event soon, but until then you’ll just have to “hang tough!” I can’t wait!
1 comment:
Gag, Gag, Gag! You are too funny! Loved the comment about tightrolling jeans...so true though!
Post a Comment