The day started very early for Patrick (Jennifer’s husband Patrick, mine was still sound asleep) and he met up with a few others from the early crowd to set up our tailgate at 7:00 am. The rest of us made it over to the tent around 10:30 which was much easier for me to handle! There were WVU flags flying from the tent and everywhere I looked I saw a sea of blue and gold Mountaineer shirts. (Patrick and I were properly attired as well!) Jennifer and Patrick tailgate regularly with 3 other families (and various other visitors like ourselves!) and they have it down to a science. Food was plentiful (with NC style barbeque to make us feel right at home), there were lots of snacks, drinks and seating, and all the kids had a great time running, playing, and painting “WVU” on their arms, legs, and faces. There was even a satellite radio so I could keep up with my App State Mountaineers (who were soundly defeated by LSU…shocking, I know!)
It was awesome to go to a sold out game in a huge stadium with fans on their feet throughout the game. At half time we got to switch seats and go sit with Patrick, Jennifer, and Morgan for the second half. Although my little App State Mountaineers have won the national championship 3 times and won some impressive victories (Michigan anyone?!) our home stadium is sadly very small and not equipped to handle the number of fans that want to attend the games. This was truly an experience!
After the game we headed back to the Tenney house to eat and get some rest for our trip to the zoo tomorrow. Stay tuned...
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH I look so FAT in that picture! :) You are doing a great job posting on your blog. Keep it up!
Post a Comment