Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Day At the Zoo

What an absolutely perfect day! We slept in a little bit today which was definitely needed after all of yesterday’s excitement and then we got ready to head to Pittsburgh to visit the zoo. Before we left Morgan and I were playing in the front yard where she showed me her collection of rocks. It is truly amazing to watch the mind of a two year old at work! She picked up 5 of her favorite rocks to bring with her in the car and we were off!




I should probably mention that yesterday I was entertaining Morgan with the pictures I had stored in my brand new digital camera. (Yes, I FINALLY upgraded from film!) There was a 20 second “movie” of our cats climbing around and Morgan LOVED it. She greeted me this morning with “See Kitty!” I played the little video clip for her a bunch of times and finally had to tell her that the kitties were sleeping so that the other adults could have a break from the kitty movie. The zoo began with a trip on the carousel for Jennifer and Morgan - we were all entertained just watching them!


Now for the past several days Patrick (my husband Patrick, boy it can get confusing with two Patricks) has been talking about wanting to take Morgan to see the elephants at the zoo. We had no idea what her favorite animals would be, but Patrick was convinced that she would love the elephants. When we finally made it over to the elephants we were not disappointed…there was tiny baby elephant walking around with its mama elephant. It was so cute!


The highlight from the zoo came from the leopard exhibit. We finally spotted the leopard lounging way above us in a tree. When Morgan finally caught sight of him she exclaimed, “Kitty, get down!” She proceeded to use all of her might to persuade this giant leopard to jump down which after a few minutes of coaxing from Morgan he actually did. We all laughed so hard at this tiny little girl demanding that this big “kitty” come down!

As we were leaving the zoo we took Morgan into the gift shop and before we even entered the store we showed her a stuffed elephant that she promptly tucked under her arm where he stayed until Aunt Melanie decided that we could not leave without her new friend. Patrick was right on the money about the elephants! Jennifer and I were trying to help her think of names for her new friend but she already had one picked out…Rocky! (See paragraph above about her current love of rocks!)




We spent the rest of the evening eating pizza (so good!) and relaxing. It has been an awesome weekend and I don’t want to leave tomorrow. I wish that Jennifer lived much closer because I miss her so much!



















No comments: