Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hilton Head Pics

Two weeks ago we headed to Hilton Head with the extended Strain family.  We had soooo much fun!!  Ethan now refers to his grandparents as "Papa Beach" and "Mama Beach" (he hasn't worked out the 'grand' part of their names yet) and Aunt Jeannie is currently "Neannie."  We can't get him to say Aunt Brooke or Uncle Michael yet, but we're working on it :)  Hilton Head is beautiful, but we realized on the way home that we rarely left the resort since there was so much to do there.  My favorite part was taking water aerobics every morning.  I need to find an aqua zumba class here at home, because it was awesome!  Here are a few pics, and I'm going to try to add a few that others have sent me as well (no promises here though) because I am no photographer and everybody else managed to capture some fantastic shots from our trip!
Ethan loved this splash fountain beside the pool

He was intent on putting his basketball on the fountain so it would shoot in the air when the water came back

Aunt Brooke and Uncle Michael made up a fun game sliding Ethan around in these cubes...he LOVED it!

On the boardwalk to the beach

Ethan's favorite game at the beach...running into the waves and then up the beach, into the waves and up the beach, repeated until we made him stop


Hanging at the bar with Daddy

Aunt Jeannie

The pool where we took water aerobics (beside the bar)

Out to dinner (Ethan in his "resort wear")

Outside the restaurant (in the rain)

Ethan pointing out the rain to his grandparents

The shaved ice stand beside the pool by our room

Love...it's our lady and the tramp moment!

Pool party (Jeannie and I got a shout out for our dancing skills!)

See...all he does is run in and out of the water!

Slowing down just a bit

And he's off again

On the move

Karate Kid???

Ethan's favorite part "Baby Pool"

Enjoying some of Mommy's (non-alcoholic) drink

I keep wanting to say "I was running!"

Heading into the water again (our place is in the background)

Walking with "Mama Beach"

Evidently this is a crab shell...would hate to run into that guy!

Ethan helping us start the packing up process

Okay, this was probably my favorite part of the trip...the "hot pool" (Ethan's name for it.)  When we win the lottery I am totally putting one just like this in our yard :)  Having the grandparents along to watch Ethan meant that we actually got to enjoy this throughout the week!  Here's Jeannie saying hi

Getting a cuddle from Daddy

Love my boys so much!

The view from our balcony

A rarity...Patrick and I (sans Ethan) in the same pic

Strolling along the boardwalk to the beach

He has no fear of the water, that's for sure!

Freeze!  He's actually not in motion in this pic!

No comments: