Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ethan - Month 6, Week 3

This has been a busy week! I've had several work projects, but I'm finding a better balance so I think I'm starting to finally figure out to handle working from home part time and being a full time mommy without totally stressing myself out. I managed to come down with a nasty cold so I've been getting over that this week...no fun!
Have I mentioned on here that Ethan is sitting up on his own yet? I don't think I have, but he's been sitting independently for about two weeks now. He still manages to tip over pretty easily so I usually make sure that I'm behind him to keep him from crashing while he's playing, but he's getting better and better at it. His favorite toys right now are his sillytown from his Aunt Stacy and Uncle Brian and his learn and groove drum. I'll have to post a video of him playing with his sillytown because he bangs all the characters together. He is all boy these days - he loves to bang on everything. When I noticed that this was one of his favorite activities I brought out his drum and you would think that I had given him the moon. He was in love! (My mom got him the drum for Christmas but he wasn't too interested in it right away so I put it away for awhile and now he thinks this thing is the best toy ever.)
This past weekend my cousin Suzanne came to town so Ethan and I got to go meet her for the afternoon. She was such a natural with Ethan. He loved meeting her too (even though I'm pretty sure he drooled all over her!) Ethan and I also went to visit my friends Jennifer and Renae who were selling Girl Scout cookies with their little girls. All five Daisy scouts were looking in at Ethan at once and I think it overwhelmed him because my non-crying child let out a wail. He stopped right away, but it was pretty funny. There will come a day that he will think that five older women saying how cute he is would be a dream come true, but this was evidently not that day. Today Ethan and I went to the greenway with my friend Rebecca and her dog Massimo (my "nephew" since I have known him since he as a puppy too young to leave his mama and that was at least four years ago.) Ethan was fascinated watching Massimo for a few minutes and then fell asleep for the remainder of his stroll.
The kitties are all doing well. Rocky has recovered from having five (yes, five!) teeth extracted and the other cats have finally welcomed him back into their crew. (I guess he smelled like the vet's office or something for the first couple of days because they didn't want to have anything to do with him for awhile.) Caddy continues to hang out with Ethan and I all day, every day and Spot and Holly are content to sleep the day away and play with Patrick and I in the evenings once Ethan has gone to sleep. I know four sounds like a lot (and it is!) but fortunately our feline family are the sweetest, most playful, loving little animals in the world and I know that we were meant to rescue each one of these little nuts.
As promised, here are a few pictures from the past week. I have a couple of video clips I'm going to try to get loaded on here soon too. Cross your fingers that this techically challenged individual can figure it all out!
Ethan LOVES prunes!!!
What a mess...prunes were by far the messiest food (and that's saying something considering he's had bright green peas now too)
Ethan finally got to meet our cousin Suzanne this weekend. She was so sweet with him! Ethan loves his cousins so much - Suzanne's sister Anna has a beautiful singing voice and Ethan loved listening to her sing to him. If only they lived closer!!!
His new favorite toy - he will bang on this drum and laugh and laugh
They don't look at all alike, huh?!
Do you see Caddy :)
I was being silly with Ethan - we have so much fun together each day!

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

Such cute pictures this week! We love him!