Monday, February 7, 2011

Ethan - Month 6, Week 2

This has been a great week in Ethan news. The other day I said "hi" to Ethan and all of a sudden he tried to say it right back - he has started trying to mimic me! His version of "hi" wasn't quite the same as mine, but it was definitely an attempt to make the same sound that he had just heard. He's done it a few times since, but only with the word "hi." (If only I could get him to do it with mama!)

Ethan got to eat prunes for the first time this week and you would have thought that I was giving him the most delicious food in the entire world. He kept making yum sounds and reaching for the spoon. This child LOVES to eat prunes. I dare say that they are his favorite food....ever! I took several pictures and a little video clip of him eating prunes which I'll try to get posted here in the next day or so.

Ethan is still rolling everywhere, but he's also started to creep on his tummy just a bit. He doesn't get up on all fours so it's definitely not a crawl, but when he is laying on his tummy he's started inching forward (kind of like an army crawl if you will.) He doesn't get too far with this move yet and still uses rolling to get across the room, but I'm a little afraid that he's going to get this creeping (or crawling) thing down in the not too distant future and then he'll be on the move. Yikes!

I've been busy with another work project the past several days so I have once again resorted to working every spare minute until I fall into bed at night. I'm working on finding a better balance, because to say that I am exhausted is putting it mildly. I really enjoy the work that I'm doing, but I think I need to be realistic about how much work I am able to take on while being a full time stay at home mommy. It is a definite adjustment for this former workaholic!

Our little Rocky had to have several teeth extracted today. Poor little guy looks pretty pitiful now that he is home and I can't wait until he is feeling better. I realize that I haven't been posting much about the kitties lately, so I'll try to put a post about them together here sometime soon. They're all doing well (aside from poor Rocky needing to have his teeth cleaned and pulled!) and each has their own little relationship with Ethan. (Speaking of which, he loves his cats so much - he gets the biggest smile whenever they come near him. He did pull Caddy's fur once, but she dealt with it like a champ and I gave her some special cuddles for being such a trooper.)

No comments: