




I realized that I made a big mistake the day before - I tried to feed Ethan bananas at his regular feeding time and since he was hungry all he wanted was his milk. The next day I waited about 45 minutes after I nursed him and tried the bananas again and SUCCESS - he loved them! He liked his apples okay, and then we moved on to sweet potatoes today and after making a priceless face of disgust to start with he devoured his whole serving. So far the introduction of solid foods has not caused any constipation issues (not to be gross, but I've heard that this can happen) but I have some prunes on hand and if that seems to be an issue that will be the food that we'll do next to fix the issue.
Ethan had his six month check up on Thursday and everything went really well. He is officially 17 pounds 2 ounces (50th percentile) and 27 inches (75th percentile.) He was in the 50th and 75th percentiles respectively at his 4 month check up as well, so he seems to have found his growth curves and is staying steadily on them right now. We'll see if this holds up at his 9 month check up as well.
Ethan is sitting up now! I still have to sit right by him so that I can keep him from toppling over (he's not super steady yet) but it's so cute to look over and see him sitting there. He has changed so much in just 6 short months. One of his favorite activities is to sit in my lap (this boy is a serious cuddle bug) and play with his around town baby driver toy that my mom got him for Christmas. I can sing every song on that toy, but he loves it so I won't give that toy a time out...yet.
Ethan and I are going to visit my sister tomorrow for the rest of the weekend. Patrick is staying home since he has to work, so he is going to get a weekend off from daddy/husband duty. I'm hoping that he might want to clean the house in my absence, but we'll see ;) As busy as I've been the past week, our house looks like a tornado has crash landed here. At least this coming week should be much more normal.
I know I'm way behind with posts and I have so much to catch up on, but I'm going to cut this short for now and go spend some qt with my husband before I leave tomorrow. Cross your fingers that Ethan does well this weekend with just me - I'm a little afraid of a car trip by myself, putting Ethan to bed in the pack n play (he loves his crib so I'm hoping that he'll still sleep through the night), and getting him totally out of his routine. I'm sure I'll have some stories to share when I get back!
2 comments:
He loved the bananas because of the bib! :) I can't believe our little guy is 6 months old already. We miss you guys so much!
Hey! Can you do a post of Ethan's monthly photos so we can see how much he's grown in the past 6 months?
Post a Comment