Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Three Years Already

Today Patrick and I are celebrating three years of marriage! I cannot believe it has been three years already – the time has flown by. Today I spent the day at jury duty (again!) while Patrick was hard at work. What a difference three years makes! I remember on our wedding day spending the morning at the hair salon with my mom, sisters, and friends drinking mimosas, eating bagels, and getting nervous about the ceremony. Patrick and I entered into the sacrament of marriage in my hometown church surrounded by our loved ones and my family priest. We both loved the feeling of family that he brought and are so grateful that he was able to marry us (since he left for service in Guatemala shortly thereafter!) We had a very traditional marriage ceremony that meant a lot to both of us and then a super fun reception. I still think that the DJ we picked was one of the best I have ever heard – he kept people up and dancing the whole time! It was truly the happiest day of my life, and everything was beautiful and better than I ever dreamed it would be.

The years since our wedding have been full of happy times, hard times, silly times, challenging times…but through it all I know that Patrick and I are in this together and we remain committed to each other and our family.

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Your card is going to be in the mail with a package I am sending out tomorrow, so sorry it's late. I've had it for weeks, but haven't remembered to mail it. I used to be so good at remembering things.

Enjoy your day. You married a great guy, and he got the catch of his life. Wishing you 300 more happy anniversaries!

We love you both.