Thursday, May 14, 2009

NKOTB broke my heart…

So remember how absolutely thrilled I was about the New Kids on the Block summer tour (see March's "Exciting News" post) and how I thought this was just the best 30th birthday present I could have asked for? I am crushed to tell you that both concerts in North Carolina have been cancelled (not to worry, my money has already been refunded) and I have heard of no plans for them to come back this direction. Carolyn and I were so excited – we had AWESOME seats and we were going to tailgate with a huge group the day of the event. What makes this news that much harder to take is I don’t know how much longer they will actually be touring so I may not get to see them again. I am so bummed! What’s weird is that their tour dates are jam packed and going on for the next several months. They’re just taking a week off (not too sure why) and the NC shows were two of the five total shows affected by this. I am so sad!!



The note Carolyn sent me along with my now useless ticket

So far every plan I had to make turning 30 a great time has fallen through so I think I might just join the ranks of those that are depressed about it and move on. No big party, no trip, and now no reunion with my favorite group of all time :( The NKOTB show was going to be awesome too – my favorite group from America’s Best Dance Crew is touring with them and Jesse McCartney (who has a couple of songs I like) was opening, it was outside (the BEST!) and when I saw them on the Today show last week they were so great. Carolyn and I thought about trying to go to the Atlanta show but tickets have been on sale forever so we could pretty much only get lawn passes and it’s a bit of a drive to get down there. (And we are totally unfamiliar with the area, so it could be absolutely disastrous!) If I can convince her that we should go anyway we’ll still try to make it, but I’m not holding out hope at this point.

We were planning on bringing our cameras this time (since we followed the rules, like idiots, last time), we have new shirts that we’re ready to rock, and my mom even found our old NKOTB bath towels (did I mention that we were OBSESSED!) that we were going to bring with us to sit on (even though we had seats instead of lawn passes – I guess it doesn’t make too much sense now that I think about it!)

Patrick is pretty excited at the thought of regular music returning to my car. (Since the announcement about the concert, the only music that has been playing in my car was their new CD, The Block, so that I would be totally ready for all the new music too.) I don’t drive too much these days since I work from home, but anytime I went anywhere all I listened to was NKOTB.

I am so sad, but I will “hang tough” and maybe, just maybe I will get to see them again. (I just hope it doesn’t take another 20 years!)

Check out the vintage bath towel and night shirt (that I used as a shirt for my first NKOTB concert experience) along with the new shirt that was waiting to debut at the summer show...Carolyn has the matching Jordan shirt!

No comments: