Thursday, April 16, 2009
Happy 4th Birthday, Holly!
Yesterday our little Holly celebrated her fourth birthday. (By celebrate, I mean I made some Rice Krispy treats and we gave her some Fancy Feast to eat.) Holly came into our lives right before Halloween three and a half years ago (hence her name - I kept calling her the Halloween cat since she is all black and somehow we shortened that to Holly) and she is by far our friendliest cat. (She's also the smallest, weighing in at just under 8 pounds!) She loves everybody and cracks my mom up the way she leads people over to the toy basket and pleads with her eyes for you to pick a toy with which to entertain her. We're convinced she's half dog, since she greets us at the door, plays fetch, and will also bring you toys in an effort to convince you to play with her. She had surgery a year and a half ago to remove 7 bladder stones, and we are so grateful that since the surgery she has been doing really well. I know it's silly to have a "birthday party" for a cat, but she's part of our family and we are so happy to have her fully recovered and celebrating another year of life with us.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE that you had a birthday party for her! If nothing else, it was a reason to make a dessert right?!?! Is she your oldest cat currently?
Hi Jen - No kidding! Any excuse to make dessert, right?! Holly is our second cat. I adopted Spot from the Humane Society about a year after moving to Charlotte and Patrick and I adopted Holly right after we moved into our house. Spot will be 6 in August, Holly is 4, Caddy turns 2 in a week and Rocky is still a baby. We only planned on having 2 cats, but I'm really glad that we were able to rescue Caddy and Rocky. (We did rescue a dog awhile back too, but he's no longer with us.) We officially have a full house!
Post a Comment