He was curled up in the front bush looking right at me and flicking his disgusting tongue. He did not freak out when I started pounding on the glass at him either, and he kept staring at me like he wanted to eat me or something. Thank goodness I opted not to open my window today. I may never open up windows in the house again – ever! I should probably mention that my desk chair sits right in front of this window so when I say he was staring at me, I mean we had sustained eye contact for a long time!! I took these pictures while sitting in my desk chair, if that tells you how close he was to me.
He slithered through the bush off to somewhere new after about 10 minutes (and multiple attempted sneak attacks on Holly's part.) After he had gone I tried to reach down to pet Holly and she jumped about 3 feet in the air. It was hilarious! She is still on high alert and may have been traumatized by this because she kept coming in and out of the office today and was staring at the bushes. She is going to be my guard cat now because I tried to show the snake to the others and they did not even notice him. I kept thinking if I could get them all to fluff up and hiss at him through the glass he would take off. Alas, my cats are pretty much useless when it comes to protecting me from wildlife (with the notable exception of Holly - today she gets a gold star!)
This was so absolutely disgusting and who knows how long he was actually watching me, if he has friends, and where he’ll be waiting for me next. I may have to move…tonight! I am so over life in the country right now!!!!
2 comments:
Melanie honey,
I would have passed out. The only good snake is a dead snake. Holly needs extra tuna!!
Love,
J
Ewww, that grosses me out! Snakes are horrible. Good thing one of your animals was on guard. I'd put mothballs around your windows...snakes HATE them. Of course, that would eliminate your ability to put your windows up, at least for a while, since mothballs stink. But it would keep the snakes away.
Post a Comment