A few random pictures to go along with this post:
Ethan's 8 month pics (way late on here, huh? 9 month pic coming soon once camera uploading issue is resolved)
He would not stay still!
Getting ready to go watch Daddy at his softball game
His very first time pulling up...yes, the crib mattress was lowered immediately!
Happy Easter!
Ethan's 8 month pics (way late on here, huh? 9 month pic coming soon once camera uploading issue is resolved)
He would not stay still!Ethan had his 9 month check up this week...that's right, NINE months! Where is the time going? Ethan weighed in at 19 pound 4 ounces and was 27 3/4 inches long (which was the 50th percentile for both.) He did really well with Dr. Wiese, but definitely did not like having to lay down on the examining table for the nurse. He only needed one shot this time, but he'll evidently have four at his one year appointment. He did not like the shot (really, who does?) but luckily he never has had an adverse reaction or anything. After his one month shots he was pretty fussy for a couple days, but since then he has been fine. Thank goodness!
Getting ready to go watch Daddy at his softball gameEthan's latest trick is that he's learned to pull himself up. For the first couple of days it was only to his knees, but yesterday he finally pulled up to his feet. Now he wants to pull up and stand no matter what we are doing. He uses me as a means to get himself upright so I am referring to him as my little monkey right now. The first time he pulled up to his knees he was in his crib, so we promptly lowered his mattress that night. It's pretty cute to look down the hall and see him standing or kneeling in his crib looking out the door. He is so proud of himself and once he's upright he isn't in a big hurry to get out of the crib. In fact, this afternoon I went to get him after his nap and he protested me taking him out of the crib because he wanted to practice standing in there. Go figure! He's taken a few more tentative cruising steps while standing and hanging onto the couch, but he's still not super coordinated with the cruising.
His very first time pulling up...yes, the crib mattress was lowered immediately!We had a wonderful Easter at home with my mom and several of our neighbors. Ethan was very well behaved in church and made friends with an adorable 15 month old who was sitting next to us. When we got home we gave Ethan his very first Easter basket. He wasn't too interested in the basket or the goodies inside it - all he wanted was the tissue paper. I should mention that his other favorite activity these days (thanks, Aunt Carolyn!) is shredding paper. He spent a solid 30 minutes absolutely engrossed in shredding the tissue paper. He was very focused on his task, that's for sure.
Happy Easter!There's so much going on and I wish I had time to catch up on it all, but this is going to have to do for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to add more really soon because (surprise, surprise) I'm so behind! Oh, and I'm having some issues getting some pictures uploaded from my camera, so hopefully once I get that resolved I'll have a bunch more to put on here too.

No comments:
Post a Comment