Monday, July 12, 2010

Catching Up

So as you've probably been able to figure out from my less than stellar recent blog posts, I have not been feeling quite like myself in the most recent weeks and therefore have become that stereotypical, hormonal pregnant woman that most people dread meeting. Most of my crabbiness can be attributed to my sleeping patterns (or should I say, lack of sleeping patterns?!) but last night was a true gift since I slept for almost 7 hours straight and so I am trying to take advantage of my newfound energy to catch up on the many things that I have been neglecting as of late. (You should see my email inbox - it is overflowing with messages and I have no excuse in being so behind in my responses!!) Overall I've been feeling pretty good, but I've been averaging somewhere between 4 - 5 hours of sleep at night which has left me feeling pretty depleted during the day. (Of course, I realize that this situation is not going to improve anytime soon and this is good practice for the day that Ethan arrives so I'm trying to stay positive and learn to function with a lot less energy...but since he's not here yet getting a few more hours of rest would be ideal!) His kicks have gotten progressively harder too, and even Patrick noticed that Ethan must have been growing a lot lately because now instead of fluttery movements he actually feels like a real baby in there. My legs still feel like I've been doing workouts with the Rockettes, but I haven't had much energy to do anything besides take an occasional walk so I think my body is just preparing itself for the whole birth process.

There hasn't been too much going on around here to catch you up on, but I'll try to think of something slightly more positive than the last couple of posts in an effort to get myself out of the funk that I've been living in for the past two weeks. My mom came to visit for the fourth of July and we had a good visit. She brought my sister's dog with her (since my sister and her husband were out of town spending the holiday with her in-laws and Abby has a standing reservation at Nana camp anytime Carolyn and Brian are away) and we determined that this was Abby's best holiday ever since she got to come out to our cul-de-sac party and receive tummy rubs from a ton of people. This past Thursday my in-laws came for the afternoon so that we could have one last visit before Ethan's arrival. It was nice getting to go out to lunch and relax since I'm sure our house will be in chaos here in the not too distant future. Last night I went with Patrick to his softball game and although Ethan decided to have a dance party throughout the game (seriously, my stomach was bumping all night!) I was determined to go and support Patrick. I try to make it to at least one game a session and since last night started their new session I have officially fulfilled my obligation for awhile.

We spent the afternoon at the pool yesterday afternoon which may have been just what the doctor ordered. I was so relaxed! I was hoping to be able to make it over to the pool again this afternoon, but the weather does not seem to be cooperating so it might just be a lazy day spent inside with my book. Speaking of books, does anybody have any recommendations for some good reads? I'm almost out of new books, and would love to swing by the library to pick up some more before this little guy arrives.
I don't have too much planned this week, so the waiting game has begun. Our doctor indicated that the last month can definitely feel like the longest month, and I think I see what he was talking about! I'll keep you posted if there is any news, but I think we still have several weeks before Ethan will be ready to greet the world. In the interim, cross your fingers that I can keep the negative feelings of being so ready for all of this to be over away - there will come a day in the not too distant future that I will miss all of this and wish that I had taken the time to enjoy it (or so I've been told anyway!)


38 weeks pregnant - the countdown is on!

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

You look adorable! I love that top.

And it will be the longest month of your life....then you will wonder where the time flew off to because you'll blink and he'll be 4! :)