Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sleep

Dear Sleep,

We've had a love affair for 30 years, so I'm not sure why you keep trying to break up with me these days. I miss you so! Every night I have high hopes that we are going to reunite, and then 2 am hits and you once again abandon me. There are only so many infomercials that a girl can watch in the middle of the night. One of these days I'm actually going to buy something and we just don't actually need gym equipment, cooking gadgets or even worse, strange jewelry entering our home right now. I just don't think Patrick would understand that I've replaced you with these seemingly useless gadgets! Dear sleep, please return to me soon. Laying awake with a very active baby practicing karate chops in my stomach is not the most fun way to pass the 2 am - 4 am hours. I want you back in my life! I'm told that it is going to be a long time before we can get back together and this makes me so sad. I would settle for one more good night. Do you think we can work something out? I look over at Patrick who sleeps like a champion during these hours and I can't help but feel a twinge of jealously. Please let me know what it will take for you to return to me. You know where you can find me. With all my love, Melanie

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

HAHAHAHAHA, SO hilarious! I totally understand where you are coming from, especially when you look at your darling husband and all you want to do is elbow him in the ribs just so HE'LL be up with you! Or smother him in his sleep..oh wait did I say that out loud? :) Here's praying for you to get a few more good nights of sleep before Ethan arrives. Because after that, no dice :)