Monday, June 7, 2010

Charlotte Baby Shower

Before I tell you all about the baby shower, I want to send a very special congratulations to my dear friend Lindsay who welcomed her adorable baby boy, Graham Matthew, into the world on Friday night. I got word of his arrival following the shower and the whole family is doing well. Those of you who read this regularly have seen Lindsay and I taking our bump pics together for the past couple of months and now Lindsay is officially a mommy! I have to say that this news has seriously rocked my world because it makes this whole process that much more real. I'm starting to really freak out about labor and delivery now, but since there isn't much that I can do about it (this little boy has to come out, so worrying isn't going to help anything, right?) I'm trying to remain calm. For some reason, Lindsay having her baby home with her has made it really hit me that we are going to have a real, live baby of our own really soon. Craziness!

So the shower this weekend was absolutely beautiful! My friends Jennifer and Tracy hosted the shower and I felt so special and loved. There were almost 20 guests in attendance, and it was so nice to have so many of the people from the different aspects of my life (family, friends from bible study, friends from my BDO days, friends from First Research and neighbors) together in one room. I'll try to post some pictures here shortly.

The food was delicious! The shower started at 11:00 so there was a yummy breakfast casserole, several different small sandwiches, assorted fruit, BLT dip, a sweet dip with graham crackers, lemonade iced tea, orange juice, and even mimosas. It was a fabulous spread! The cake was elephant themed and it matched the invitations exactly. These girls know how to put together a well coordinated event!

I was once again overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of everybody. We got so many wonderful things for Ethan - a bathtub and bath books from Allie, a food themed goodie bag (bowls, bibs, spoons and bottles) from Rebecca, an elephant quilt from Carolyn, a bag of necessities from Carrie (including onesies, a rubber duckie, butt paste, diapers, wipes, soap and lotion), a beautiful picture frame and footprint stamp frame from Dawn, a basket of goodies from Angie (including a personalized Ethan bib, board book, toys, bibs, adorable bath robe and stroller toys), a crib aquarium from Maria, gingham towel and washcloths and nursing pads from Amy, some sleepers from my mom, a stuffed bunny rabbit (Lindsay would be so proud!) and board books and a scrapbook from Laura, personalized fun from Alli - an Ethan monkey lovie, an Ethan dot blanket and a Daddy's caddy golf striped bib, Renae gave us some useful items including snack cups, wipes, a portable placemat, pacifiers and clip, car kick mats and some cute items including Janie & Jack (my favorite store!) overalls and quilted pajamas, a polo onesie and matching hat from Erin, fun toys including wrist wrattles, take along tunes, Lamaze peacock toy and dinosour onesies and Guns N Roses rockabye CD from Claire, baby monitors from Chris, diaper cake full of goodies and diaper bag from Tracy & Jennifer, and personalized Ethan sports taggies and elephant diaper cake from Melissa. Whew - it was so much and we so appreciate everybody helping us to welcome this little guy in style!

I'll try to post some pictures here in a few minutes. It was such a special weekend and I'm so sad that it's over now. I was really emotional when my mom and sister left to drive back to Raleigh because I realized that the next time I see them I might be a mommy myself. Hopefully we'll get another visit before Ethan comes, but there's a good chance I won't see them again until he's here. Yikes!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

Looks and sounds like you had another wonderful shower. He'll be here before you know it.