Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 31

This has been a fairly uneventful week compared to last week. We've been working some in the nursery to get everything organized and I am proud to announce that everything is put away in its place and the chaos that you saw in last week's post is no more. We also got the curtains and wooden letters up on the wall (pictures below.) There's still a lot to do to get it all ready, but it is definite progress. We've also been working on assembling a few baby related items. Below are some pictures of Patrick putting together the stroller. What a project! He did have some tiny little helpers, but I think they only slowed everything down. Poor kitties! They were really involved at first though. We also got the high chair assembled, but alas I didn't take any pictures of that endeavor. Aside from starting to get these kinds of things ready for Ethan's arrival, it has been a pretty quiet week.

Ethan has become much more active during the days and he moves around a lot. It's really kind of gross, but my stomach is visibly moving a lot in the afternoons now. Fortunately only Patrick has seen it do that (that I'm aware of anyway!) but it still kind of freaks me out. I'm glad to know that he's doing well in there, but watching your stomach move all on its own is a strange, strange thing. Patrick called me "Jiffy Pop" the other day!

We start our childbirth classes this week. I'm not sure how I feel about attending though. I know in theory it is much better to be prepared and know what to expect, but I think I'm only going to stress out about everything that we learn. When the time comes for Ethan to arrive I'll have no choice but to power through it, so I think ignorance may be bliss in this case. I'll let you know how it all goes!

Notice all of the kitty "helpers" that got involved in the assembly of the stroller
Patrick was really serious...I couldn't get him to pose!
Now only Holly is left to help her daddy
The wheels are still on the floor!
Finally...a fully functioning stroller
The curtains and curtain rod are up in the nursery

The wooden letters for one wall of the nursery (his crib will eventually go in the space underneath, but since we don't have it home yet the pack n play is serving as a place holder for the time being)

No comments: