Just wanted to let you know that Caddy is home now. She had to spend the night at the animal hospital with a continuous antibiotic IV drip, but it appears to have done the trick. She's recovering a little quicker this time than she did last time, and fortunately we don't have to inject her with fluids this time either. She still has two medicines that we're giving her and we'll have to do some follow up appointments with the vet, but for now she appears to be on the mend. She is eating on her own, is cuddling us, and is getting some much needed rest in her own room for awhile. (And yes, I am staying in there with her at night!) Please keep praying that she continues to make good progress and that whatever has caused this to happen (again!) will stay away for good.
We're having to modify her diet pretty drastically, and will now be shopping for her food at the whole foods store. Even Patrick and I don't eat this well! (I will say that the food at this store looks incredible though - I will have to try to resist temptation every time I'm in there since it is about twice the price of regular food!)
Caddy's leg is shaved from where the vet had her IV fluids and medicine inserted, so hopefully the fur will grow back quickly. For those of you that don't know, it took her over 6 months to regrow the fur on her tummy they had to shave last time for her ultrasound. I'll try to take a picture of her with her shaved leg soon.
Thank you everybody for helping us through yet another pet crisis. I had a cat growing up that got sick ONCE in all her 18 years. I never knew there were so many potential feline ailments, but we seem to be seeing them all. Thank you for praying for Caddy and for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So So SOOOOO happy that Caddy is doing better. We were so very worried. Give her an extra snuggle for Morgan!
Ahem...I EXPECT this blog to be updated much more frequently from now on if you know what I mean!
Post a Comment