Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let the Celebrating Begin!

Rocky does NOT have cancer!!!! Let me say that again - Rocky does not have cancer! We are so excited and cannot believe that he has a very treatable condition!! We just received word this afternoon and of course I immediately burst into tears. This is such an answered prayer. I have been praying so hard for the strength to accept the results of the biopsy and provide Rocky with the love and compassion that he deserves and I think I almost forgot that there was a chance that we could actually get good news. God has truly blessed our family today!

When we picked Rocky up on Monday evening, the vet was convinced that he did have cancer and really brought down our spirits. I understand the need to prepare us for the worst, but I think I let that conversation rob me of any hope that he could actually be okay. The results took so long to receive because after the initial pathology lab ran their tests, they did not find any evidence of cancer. This was not consistent with their initial inclination (with which our vet concurred) so his biopsy was sent to another pathologist for a second opinion. The second opinion confirmed that our little boy does not have cancer!!!!

We still have to treat the tumor and its infection under his tongue, but he has already received an antibiotic and went in for a steroid shot today. The vet will be monitoring his progress to ensure that this growth goes away completely, but we are treating it and he should live a very long and happy life with us. I am so happy, relieved, and grateful that we got this news. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and I really needed some encouraging news!

1 comment:

Mama10EE said...

I meant to post this days ago, but we are SOOOOOO happy that Rocky doesn't have cancer!!!! What an amazing blessing. You are the best kitty mommy that I know, and I am happy your littlest baby doesn't have to go through treatments!