Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MIA

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that I have not maintained my resolution of updating this site more frequently this year at all. I apologize for hiding out! Things here haven't been too good lately, and I've been pretty down about it all. Everything is okay, but it's been pretty hard to deal with this situation. When things are bad I tend to hibernate until I'm ready to face the world again, hence I've been missing in action for a little while.

Have you ever had one of those moments at church when you suddenly feel as though the priest (pastor, minister, etc.) is speaking directly to you? Even in a massive crowd this past Saturday night (we've taken to attending church on Saturdays since Patrick works on Sunday mornings) I felt like I was the one for whom the readings and homily were designed. I felt my cheeks flame red as our priest emphasized forgiveness in a way I haven't really thought about before. I know forgiveness is a common theme, but somehow this resonated with the situation currently at hand in a different way. It is so hard when your trust has been betrayed to forgive somebody, but if I am going to be the kind of person I want to be I am going to have to learn to actually live out these lessons. I'm not quite there yet, but I am trying! I'm really glad I was at the service I was this past weekend because it has given me a lot to think about and a renewed perspective on things. (Oh, and for the record, you are never to old to call your mom in tears!)

When I think about all that everybody has going on right now, it feels overwhelming so I am resolving right now to focus on the positive and to try not dwell on hurtful situations. I know that things will get better and until that day there really is so much in my life for which I am grateful. God has truly blessed my life in so many different ways.

So there's my long explanation for my absence and my promise to try to not let things get to me quite this badly again. We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Mama10EE said...

You had better e-mail me RIGHT NOW about what is going on!!!! This post has worried me sick.

Bev said...

Hey Mel!

I am worried about you! I hope everything is better. I can understand about forgiveness, it was the forgetting I always had a problem with.

Call me if you want to talk. I may be able to be impartial!

Love you!

Jeannie