This was a great weekend! On Friday Patrick and I had our regular date night after our workout at the gym and then on Saturday morning my friend Jennifer and I went for our long run of the week. I love this new tradition - it's great to actually be outside running and spending time with a friend. This was only our second Saturday morning run, but we went even further this week than we did last time, and I'm crossing my fingers that will continue with each coming week. I've been pretty consistent with my running over the past year and there's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment after a long run!
Since Patrick was busy with a golf tournament for the rest of the weekend my dear friend Meredith came to visit. I love our girly weekends because we put on pajamas and watch a bunch of movies while we catch up. While this might sound totally boring to most people (my husband included!) we love it! Meredith and I have been friends since our days in the sorority and she is one of the people that I know will always be there no matter what. I love that even though we don't live in the same city we make a point to get together regularly to catch up. Fortunately we only live about an hour and a half apart so she's not nearly as far away as some of my other friends.
On Sunday afternoon I settled in for an afternoon of football. Once again the Panthers were on the prowl, this time taking on the Chicago Bears. I love rooting for the Panthers because it's kind of like rooting for the underdog. So far this season they've played with passion and even though they were down for most of the game, in the fourth quarter they took control and won another exciting game. I can't believe they're 2-0...what an awesome start to the season!
Patrick is playing in his softball league playoffs this evening and I'm trying to get myself ready to face another week. This was a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to the next one...is it Friday yet?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment